Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Excitement at the Post Office

I saw the most interesting thing in the Post Office this morning. I am so glad I got there at the minute I did. I’m glad I didn’t have to wait for parking so that I could see this. This, to me, is what small town life is about. This is what small town life, with a lot of seniors, is about. I burst out laughing (inside, of course – but my laughter almost exploded to the outside) when I saw this. It was kind of weird and kind of gross…and definitely made me never want to get old. But the lady was so sweet. She must have had a hangnail that couldn’t wait, because I walked into the post office to hear the unmistakeable sound of nail clippers. I followed the noise with my eyes, and there before me was a little old lady clipping her nails. Right in the middle of the post office!

Am I the only one with a sad, twisted sense of humour, or do you find that as hilarious as I do? Please tell me I’m not alone?

1 comment:

Marsha said...

nope sorry! You're on your own ;) haha