Monday, November 03, 2008

When the dog bites and the bee stings...

A Lesson in being Thankful
(these are a few of my favorite things)





Eggo Waffles with milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, alternating...worth the extra time in the morning (I put this same picture on my blog about two years ago and haven't eaten this since then, but in my mind, I still love it...)













The Shack - What a great book. If you haven't read it, read it. If you're not a "reader" that's no excuse. Read it anyway. It's worth it.










White Lightning Original - Anyone know what I'm talking about when I say that caulking the bathtub/windows/etc is a messy job? It doesn't help that the stuff isn't water-soluble and terribly sticky! You need to have enough rags on hand to be able to have a clean spot of rag available until the entire job is done and cleaned up! Ick! But wait...a caulk that can be dissolved by water? Yup, you read it right...all you need is water and this amazing stuff is cleaned up and your bathtub looks great again! (gotta put in my little plug since I work at a hardware store)












Bath & Body Works - One word: Smells. Mmm...










Arby's junior roast beef sandwich - this is what Nathan and I treat ourselves to in St. Vital mall when we need a quick meal while shopping. Nathan introduced me to them before we were married, in Regina, when we were on our way home from candidating in our church.










Playing piano. I've started playing more again. I've never played this specific song on piano...but I hear it's a good one.












p.s-I also like brown paper packages, wrapped up with string...just in case you ever needed to know.

3 comments:

Sister C said...

We are reading The Shack too. Good Book!
By the way I linked you in my recent blog post. :)*smiling sheepishly hoping you won't mind*

Alicia Buhler said...

I love this "favorite things" list idea!

Nikki said...

amazing book! We had to read it for a class at school and I loved it..made me think, expanded my "bubble"