Friday, September 19, 2008

Sweet escape...


Saskatchewan. Nathan and I haven't seen Nathan's parents for, what we figure to be, about 6 months. TOO LONG! So in about 45 minutes, we are headed to (small town) in the promised land...I don't know why I posted (small town) when the (small town) is on the elevator...
Now, we'd love if this was just a visit, but the reason for the trip is actually Nathan's schooling. For the past year, Nathan has been working on taking seminary courses, building up to what will eventually be a Masters of Theology. This will open the door to working at Bible colleges and that sort of thing. (note: Nathan has a passion for youth, and plans to continue on in youth ministry, but it's nice to have doors open, and besides that, Nathan just loves school!) So we are heading out soon (Friday noon) and will be gone until Monday (Sept 29th) evening. We realized that we'll be gone only two days shorter than our holidays this summer to California! We'll be covering alot less ground though, and hopefully this will be more relaxing, though possibly less exciting and new! During the week away, I plan to get together with a few friends who I haven't seen in a while. Also I look forward to spending time with family and perhaps spending some time scrapbooking with my mother-in-law. I bought a book last night at Chapters on photographing children. It looks amazing, so I also plan to take that and study it while we're gone. Maybe get some practice with the dogs (because dogs are similar to children, right?) Anyway, so I'm not sure I'll have a chance to post while we're gone, but who knows, I might be inspired!

Thanks for your prayers. Nathan and I have been feeling real peace in the past couple days and that is no doubt due to the many people praying for us. Continue to pray in the next week while we are gone for wisdom and clarity regarding the future. Our marriage has been blessed immensely through this time...Praise the Lord! I never thought I could be closer to Nathan...God does like to prove us wrong sometimes, doesn't he? Mmm-hmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Niki, We love you so much! I've just been reading your last week of blogging and I feel so honoured to be allowed this glimpse into your thoughts and feelings this fall. You have a beautiful way of expressing yourself - and I see transparency and vulnerability - and it inspires me to be transparent and vulnerable myself. I journal - but not publicly. Wow!

Can't wait for you to arrive! How many mour hours?

Love,
Mom