Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Daydreaming...

If I could be anywhere in the world, I would be on a beach in California. Or no, actually I would be hiking through mountain trails...or rather, the Bruce Trail - I enjoyed it SO much two years ago when I first experienced it. The sun would be warm, with not a hint of winter in the air. The trees would be green. I would have nowhere to be. And Nathan would be with me. There would be no expectations on me. And I would be there for about a week. Maybe even only three or four days...because any more than that, and I would feel somewhat lazy. And then from there, I would to go Saskatchewan and visit with family. And while I'm visiting family, I would travel through BC and Alberta, seeing family and friends along the way. Yes, it is what it sounds like...I would "Mennonite" my way across western Canada. And then, I would have to go to Indiana to visit my sister, who moved SO far away, just a month ago. I would see where she lives and where she's going to school. Then, since I'm that far, I would continue on to Ontario and visit Nathan's family, who I've only met once...and would love to see again! And then I would think, "I'm in Ontario, I'm basically on the east coast!" So I would continue to travel towards the coast, seeing Quebec on the way, and eventually come to PEI and think, "I was not nearly on the coast when I was in Ontario." This would conclude my Canada-wide tour, because I have very little desire to see anything further north...sorry NWT... Once I was done seeing PEI, I would fly home (oh, by the way, I am flying to all these destinations...), because, by this time, it's been a few months and I need my own bed again. And then I would be home and sleep for a week.

Aah...if only travel was free and didn't take time. I would travel so much. There are so many places I would love to see...without a budget or timeline. I'll save my Europe, South America, and Africa daydreams for another day, though...

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

My dream is to see NWT, Nunavit (how do you even spell that) and Labrador and then I will have seen all the provinces and territories in Canada.

Unknown said...

No Nova Scotia?

Haha. I need to see the territories and NFLD.

Niki said...

Of course Nova Scotia! That's included in travelling toward the coast...I would see EVERYTHING along the way!