Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fluffy.

So often life seems so fluffy. There's no depth. Everything is hidden from everyone...(what would people think if they knew I had a bad day?!) And yet I'm subject to this game of hide and seek myself. I want to be that person who overcomes the world of fluffiness and really digs deep...into myself, into others, into God. It's tough. Where do you start? You ask how someone's day is...good, and you? Of course I say good back, because I'm don't want to be a burden. Fluffiness. Good. Fine. Whatever.

I'm hurting. I'm having the best day I've had in weeks. I feel like I'm losing it. I could dance on the rooftops! Don't just give me fine. I'm done with fine. My goal is to be honest. My goal is to seek more than one word fluffy answers.My goal is to give more than just one word fluffy answers. No more fluffiness.

Life is about more than perceptions. Life is about what is.

God is.
Love is.
Hurt is.
Struggle is.
Joy is.
Pain is.
Confusion is.
Support is.

Fluffy isn't.

3 comments:

Sister C said...

Out with the fluff and in with the real. I am totally down with that my friend.
Good stuff Niki thanks for blogging about that.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Great post. May you be able to be real and honest with yourself and those around you.

Nikki said...

coffee sometime niki? catch up?