Saturday, January 19, 2008

These days...

Eight random things about life right now:

1. Nathan's little brother is out for a visit this weekend. It's fun to have an extra person around the house...Lennox really enjoys him too. He seems to enjoy both of our brothers alot! Maybe this is a sign that they'll make good uncles when the time comes to expand???

2. It is REALLY cold outside! I plan each of my trips outside so that I don't forget anything and have to go out again. I really dislike the cold. I've decided I can handle Canadian winters and snow, as long as it doesn't get any colder than -10 degrees...windchill factored in...

3. I just baked chocolate chip cookies before I came here but I left the second batch in too long so they are more "golden brown" than "gooey".

4. My sister and I are making a scrapbook for my parents for their 25th wedding anniversary (which was last July). We are putting all (most) of their pictures into one (massive) album. It's been alot of fun to work on together and we are almost done!

5. Nathan is taking a class at CMU this semester and really enjoying it. Being back at school has really reminded him how much he likes to think and learn and be stretched. Maybe I should think about taking some kind of class...

6. I am constantly on the lookout for different decorating things I can do with our house that are cost-effective but that will change the look of our house inside. I think the next project will be painting our bedroom. We got new bedding ("iced pear" sheets with a chocolate brown duvet) a few months ago and it doesn't go great with the color of the walls (deep red). I'm thinking a pale yellow/ivory color. Any other suggestions?

7. I am currently in the middle of reading Kite Runner with Nathan. I am reading it out loud to him (usually while we drive somewhere) and it's a really good book so far! We got it for Christmas from Nate's brother. I would definitely recommend it.

8. The place where I work is in the middle of some renovations! When it is done, I will have my very own, brand-new office! I am pretty excited about that. I am also going to be working more hours because one of the other lumber yards here in town just closed, so we have become much busier! Whoo-hoo! I love my job!

Well, there you have it. A small update on my life. There's not much happening but we're terribly busy. Does that make sense to anyone else?

3 comments:

Niki said...

Good thought on the decorating course...hmm...planting new ideas in my head...

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am glad that you are happy at your job. That's a good thing.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

sounds like life is going good! I am also looking for cost effective decorating ideas so if you have any please share!!! Wish we could scrap book together, that would be so fun:)