Monday, January 07, 2008

A stranger visited me this week...

This has been a strange week for me. See, I'm sick. I NEVER get sick! Well, I get the odd headache or stomach cramp or whatever, but days of dizzy-ness and nauseousness and icky-ness just don't usually happen to me! Today I've just felt horrible! And now, for those of you who are putting two and two together, no, we're NOT pregnant! I got my wisdom teeth out on January 3rd and have been struggling to heal ever since. I thought I would be fine...not phased at all! But there I am, four days later, and still not feeling like I can even walk to work on my own, never mind drive! My mouth hasn't given me much grief, but, like I said, I've been dizzy and nauseous and just completely out of it! Maybe my best bet is to stay completely drugged on those T3's they have me on! Lately, since the actual pain hasn't been too bad, I've been trying to wean myself off the pain meds, but the other "icky-ness" has picked up, so maybe it's my body's way of saying, "More drugs, please!" Who knows? All I know is that my body doesn't usually respond like this and I'm sick of being sick. Then again, I can't complain. I have a wonderful husband who takes such good care of me and a dog who looks at me with the most worried expression on his face when I moan and cry in agony. I've got nothing to complain about at all!

So how was everyone's Christmas? Mine was ok. I'm pretty sure I already wrote about it before Chrsitmas was over because it was basically over for me, but the rest of the season also went well. Our youth retreat in Minneapolis went really well. Our youth seemed to love it (the ones who weren't throwing up the whole weekend-poor kids!)...I think it was a wonderful spiritual feast for everyone who was there that weekend.

Since being back, I haven't been up to much. I've gotten my wisdom teeth out and then basically laid around the house. I've had lots of time to think, though, which I usually enjoy quite a bit. I've been thinking about what my youth involvement will look like in 2008. Also, what my Creative Memories business plan will look like this year. (If anyone would like me to come out and do a party or Get-Together for them and some friends at their place, please let me know! It could be so much fun! I have this great idea for some paper folding albums that we could do, great for people who don't scrapbook!) And, because I've been doing alot of my thinking and healing on the couch in front of the tv, I've got a bunch of decorating ideas for our house! *sigh* Unfortunately those take money...but paint and trim can go a long way in the name of decorating, no?

So these have been my thoughts lately. There's still not much new, but it's my feeble attempt at staying current, for those of us out there who are still blogging! Hopefully next time I post I will be slightly less drugged and will make a bit more sense or at least follow more of a train of thought!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Oh, i hope you feel better soon. I don't have wisdom teeth so I don't know what it feels like to get them taken out.
Been thinking of you since October.