Thursday, January 31, 2008

95th post...95 things...

In honor of my 95th post, I thought I'd post 95 random things...if I get that far...
1. I like birthdays.
2. My husband's name is Nathan.
3. I love Nathan.
4. I love kids.
5. I like pizza.
6. I didn't like pizza for the first 20 years of my life.
7. I like my bed.
8. I like summer.
9. I don't really like winter.
10. Nathan and I got snowed in in Morris (1/2 hour from home) on Monday night.
11. My favorite class in high school was calculus.
12. I thought about going into pharmacy after high school and then missed the deadline for my scholarship claim and decided against it (took it as a God-thing, which I still think it was).
13. My best friend Marsha is getting married in April!
14. My sister-in-law is getting married in March!
15. I have one sister and one brother.
16. I was blessed this week by an encouraging word from a youth's parent.
17. Encouragement is so important in life...I couldn't live without it.
18. I like the color green...especially when it is outside...and I'm not talking about green house paint.
19. Nathan is picking up his brand new, 80G ipod as I type.
20. Allowances are wonderful.
21. My allowance is going to Creative Memories scrapbooking supplies to try to buy my stock off of myself.
22. I like scrapbooking.
23. My sister and I finished my parents' scrapbook on Monday night (before we got stormed in).
24. The toy I always wanted when I was a kid was a "Baby Alive" doll.
25. I love cooking.
26. I hate deciding what to cook.
27. I like to bake too.
28. I even like to clean the house.
29. I only like to clean the house when I have time to clean the house.
30. I have never considered myself very creative.
31. I like to read.
32. I do not like to decorate for or organize special events.
33. I do not like to draw.
34. I do not like to get my hands dirty with gritty stuff.
35. As an adult, I always hoped I'd be taller.
36. I love sunshine.
37. I grew up playing Super Nintendo and still enjoy the occasional game, when the system decides to work.
38. I write...journal, poetry, short stories...
39. I could look at pictures for days and not get bored.
40. I love other cultures, especially when they are in their natural setting.
41. I'd love to have money to travel.
42. I don't enjoy swimming.
43. I do enjoy hot tubs.
44. I enjoy long, hot showers more.
45. I'm pretty impressed if anyone is still reading this.
46. My dog, Lennox, needs a bath.
47. I don't like phones very much, but I couldn't live without them.
48. When I turn on the tv, the only channels I check for good shows are TLC, HGTV, W-network and Slice.
49. When I get stressed with our finances, I close Excel and open Solitaire.
50. I like candles.
51. I like trees.
52. Trees give a sense of privacy.
53. There are no privacy trees where I live.
54. I wish that I was a Starbucks coffee snob.
55. I wish that I was a nice Starbucks coffee snob.
56. When I eat out in the food court, I either get Arby's or Chinese.
57-70. I like my friends (but won't name them all here).
71. I used to think that the number "eleven" should be said "eleventeen".
72. I still think so.
73. Nathan is amazing with photoshop.
74. Point form like this is hard to read.
75. Ziploc bags were a great idea.
76. I am going to have a "Nathan's special" ham sandwich for lunch.
77. If you've never had a "Nathan's special" and don't understand, you'll have to come for a visit.
78. Nathan is an excellent cook, but I have to encourage this gift routinely if I want him to believe me.
79. Sometimes I forget that in the "olden days" they actually did live in color, despite the pictures being in greyscale.
80. The number where I run out of things to say.
81. The number where I decide to keep going anyway.
82. I will go to work this afternoon.
83. I will come home and make supper.
84. I will then have a few minutes before some jr youth girls start showing up for our small group Bible study.
85. The year I was born.
86. Tomorrow night is date night!
87. Sunday is Superbowl with friends aka guys watch, girls talk.
88. My favorite color is yellow...no, blue...no, green...wait, it's red... no, actually it's grey, no, purple, no...
89. I am not terribly decisive.
90. I guess I'm scared that if I make a decision, people might disagree with me.
91. Post-it's were another great invention.
92. I am equally fond of Post-it flags.
93. I teach piano lessons weekly and LOVE it!
94. The year I was last in the country of my birth.
95. The number of posts I have now completed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Niki, just thought i´d stop by and say hello. Hope you guys are keeping warm enough these days! I like your list - I don't think I would have had the patience or creativity to write something from each number! Say Hi to Nathan from me!

Unknown said...

I read all of them. I like "spying" on your life, Niki.

I also discovered that you were in my folks new hometown and mom didn't even tell me. I visited my parents about 2 hours after you'd dropped by or something? I was sad I'd missed you!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I read them all and it made me laugh...it was my break from the chaos of Youth Advance....thanks. i also play computer games when finances stress me out and I also love to only see what is on good channels aka TLC & HGTV. Thanks for brightening my day.

Anonymous said...

I'm #13 YAY

Anonymous said...

13 things I love about you:

1. 13 is an important number in you life
2. and I was number 13 (in case you missed the first post :) )
3. you are crazy!
4. but in a make me laugh sort of way :)
5. you taught me to make buns
6. and you loved my buns even though they were lumpy
7. that sounds dirty lol
8. you make lists that are very sporatic
9. you don't judge me when i can say words and not spell them
10. and i was there and never had nathan's special ham sandwich
11. cause you send me mail
12. and you taught me the importance of skittles
13. and you made cool crafts with me growing up, and you let people see the real you, and you were born on friday the 13th, and you are very giving, and you came all the way to saskatchewan just for me, and you know what foods i love and hate, and i think 13 is too short a number for all the reasons :)