Friday, March 09, 2007

Where have I been?

These past couple weeks have been very busy. I checked my blog two days ago, and realized that I haven't updated since February! Now, I realize that some of you are thinking, "So what's the big deal? I haven't updated since January!" And that's no problem! No problem at all... I on the other hand have no kids to use for an excuse.

So what's been keeping me busy? Well, youth has been a big part of it. We were doing a pizza fundraiser (selling pizzas) and two evenings were full with making pizzas along with some of the youth. You can see some pictures on Nate's blog (follow link on the right side of my blog). On top of that, we have youth two days a week. Then, this past weekend was a church leadership retreat at Camp Arnes. It was really good. I came back spiritually refreshed, but not terribly rested. You know? I'm still working three afternoons a week, which is perfect. And other than that, I really have no excuses. I guess being busy all the time just makes me tired. : )

But today is a day of rest!!! And on my day of rest, I am baking buns and bread (both white and brown), doing laundry, cleaning the house, and doing some reading for a class we're taking at SBC next weekend! Sounds relaxing, doesn't it? I just can't sit still if there's work staring me in the face. You all know how it works when there's stuff that needs to get done but won't get done if you don't do it, right? I can't just sit and do nothing one day if I know the next day I'll pay for it!

Amidst this busy-ness, the importance of being still and knowing that HE is God has been made very real. I was having my quiet time the other morning and was watching the trees in our front yard and a verse came to me about God not being in the wind and earthquakes and fire, but in the gentle whisper. When there is such a gentle breeze that the tree branches barely move, it always makes me think of God being right there with me. This particular morning, this specific verse came to mind. When I found it in my Bible, I was surprised to find that it was in the chunk of Bible that I was going to be reading that morning! 1 Kings 19! I always love when things like that happen. It's like God is saying, "See, I am right here. I do love you. Please just be still and know that I am here." Mmmm...ok daddy.

No comments: