Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Is summer ever going to be on it's way?

February and March are tough months for me. Why? Well, the winter blues really catch up with me. It's not that I get really depressed (usually) or anything too bad really, but I just come to a point when I feel like if I look at the snow one more day, or have my breath taken away by the cold one more time, I could actually just explode! Does anyone else share this frustration?

Here's some tips on what to do when this happens:
  • spend as much time as you can inside your warm house, wrapped in a blanket (preferrably a fuzzy one)
  • read a book (try Lord of the Rings...that should take you until the weather is warmer)
  • go on a vacation (for those of you who have money/time for that)
  • plan a vacation (for those of you with less money/time)
  • look back through your pictures and be reminded of what your yard looks like those 2 glorious months each year
  • go tanning (I know, this is VERY bad for you, but it works)
  • think about moving to the southern states and how it just wouldn't be worth it at all (health care, government, hurricanes, etc)
There you go. From one winter-sufferer to another. All the best in beating those nasty winter blues!

1 comment:

Sister C said...

I totally know how you feel.I am sooo tired of winter but today is helping. the snow falling is just so beautiful.. it has been a while since we had a beautiful snow fall and plus I got a snow day off work!!!