Friday, November 10, 2006

The diary of my 14 year old self...



Lately I've been reading through my diary from when I was 14 (grade 9 -year 2000). --yeah, that's right, I'm young. Anyway, I have been reading it and typing it all out onto my computer these past few days (because my dream has always been to someday have it published) and I've come across some funny things, and some things that I can't believe I had to deal with when I was just 14. I wrote alot about our rabbits and I never realized that I was one of those teenagers that was obsessed with animals. Those kids are always kinda socially challenged, aren't they? I guess not always, but didn't I have better things to do than spend hours on end in the rabbit cage trying to trap and catch baby bunnies when I was 14??? I also wrote about some of the things that Andrew would do to me and how I could't stand it. The funniest thing was when he put Goldie (our old, stinky, overweight Cocker Spaniel) in my room and closed the door and she was trapped there for over four hours and my room reeked so that I couldn't sleep or even be in there. I was so mad at him! What are 12 year old brothers for though, right? Another pretty funny thing was that every time I babysat, I would write down how much money I made and I would get so excited about getting even just 10 or 20 dollars! Kinda reminds me how I should still be thankful for the little things too and not just get excited about the big things. The small things are just as great! So yeah, that's what I've been doing lately. It's been fun, and I've been learning ALOT about why I am the way I am now because of things that happened then. It's been fun. I'm only halfway through my grade 9 one though...there's still six more years to go!

No comments: