Friday, November 17, 2006

This is a genuine ticket for the Grey Cup.

That's right. Who doesn't like to sit outside in sub-zero weather, waving arms and signs and banners, and screaming on the top of their lungs for a couple hours (all the while catching a cold that your loving spouse will have to nurse you through)? Sounds like fun, right? I think I'll pass. But Nathan? He's the lucky one from our family to be going to watch the Grey Cup this year.

I got a phone call at work today from my excited husband letting me know that he was, in fact, going to the Grey Cup. I mustered up all the excitement I could and celebrated with him for a few minutes until we hung up. See, I'm delighted that my husband can go and share this experience of a lifetime with a good friend (who won the tickets, by the way...$275 is a bit rich for our blood!), but I'm equally delighted that he doesn't want me to go with him. He's convinced himself that because he's on the west side of the field, he won't get the wind. Sure, that's a plus, because the wind here in Manitoba could kill you (quite literally) but I'm the realist who's thinking, yeah, but it's still November!

While Nathan is out freezing his butt off, I'm going to enjoy my Sunday evening at home, curled up in a blanket with Lennox, watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition and re-runs of Alf. Sounds like a great time.

I'm actually looking forward to the Grey Cup this year.

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I think if Winnipeg was in it Trev would have considered going. For now we will sit at home all warm and cozy and watch it from there.