Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Haircuts and other changes...

Do you ever get bored with life and just feel like changing something, no matter how small? Sometimes I just crave change, even a new hair cut would do. It's not like life is boring in that it's not moving. It's moving all right! This month is just flying by and we're right in the swing of the whole youth thing. And I'm happy, don't get me wrong! I'm so excited that I am where I am right now in life. I'm happy like crazy that I married Nathan a year and four months and five days ago. I'm happy like crazy that we own our own home and have adopted our own puppy. I'm happy like crazy that we moved to a town where we knew nobody and that was new for both of us. But some days, I just feel like doing something different. Something like randomly flying somewhere exciting -like to Mexico to visit Jen. Or maybe something smaller like calling up some friends I haven't seen for a while and driving out to Winnipeg or Rosenort or Saskatchewan to have coffee, just because I can. Sometimes I feel like booking a hair appointment and when the hairdresser asks what I want, just saying "something different" and leaving the rest up to her. (-sidenote:I've definitely done the hair change thing and it really is alot of fun, especially if you have a trusted, young and trendy hairdresser.---Marsha? hehe) Sometimes I feel like repainting one of the rooms in our house, but I like them all too much to risk changing them and not liking them anymore. Sometimes I feel like buying an antique piece of furniture, just so I can strip it and re-do it, just because it would be something different from the ordinary, but when would I have time? Sometimes I feel like just going out and getting a job in a coffee shop or somewhere fun in Winnipeg just because it wouldn't be in Altona. Sometimes I wonder whether Nate and I were too young to start pastoring, like alot of people said. If I was older, maybe I wouldn't want as much diversity in my life. But, I'm working with youth...that's pretty diverse, right? Sometimes I just crave to be one of those people that can just get a job one week and quit the next if I feel like it...I can't do that because I feel for the people who have to hire the next person, just when they thought they'd found someone.
Change, diversity, the new car smell...these are a few of my favorite things...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love reading your blog ... your posts are always so thought provoking (and deep LOL) :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

I hear what you are saying. Do you feel free from your job at Friesens?
I didn't know you had a puppy. That's exciting.