Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Back to the old grind...

I can't believe how fast time goes by once you're out of high school! People always told me that time would speed up and I never really knew what they meant (how could I?) but I'm finding out! This past year just sped by with all the new things that we've been experiencing and learning. It's hard to believe that we're already starting this whole youth schedule thing for the second time. I'm glad it's come to this point. I've realized already that life is far less stressful when you know what you're doing. Life is alot more relaxing when you know what you're doing!

Speaking of doing things over again...last week Wednesday until this coming Friday I'm back at Friesens. I've been working reception for the mornings (when I started last Wednesday, it just felt like I'd been gone for no more than a weekend!) and in the afternoons I've been at a different desk doing tasks for invoicing. It's been pretty mindless, but hey, if I can help out and do what they need done so they don't have to leave their work, I'm happy to do it. Working again has been pretty good. Like I said, I only have two days left...Friday I'm done and I'm glad too. I'm enjoying being back there, but I think the only reason I'm actually not hating it is because I know that I'm done soon and I'm not getting the projects that I hated when I was there. I'm getting the best of both worlds: I am at Friesens so I can see the friends that I made while working there and log some hours, but at the same time, I don't have to do the things that I don't want to do! YEAH!!!

Life outside of work is busy too. Last weekend we went to Camp Arnes for an EMMC youth leaders retreat. The best part was hanging out with two of our youth leaders (and one youth leader's wife) and getting to know them more outside a youth night setting. That was really good. I also had some good thinking time during the sessions, so that was also a plus. Nate and I came home really tired though (thanks to a spontaneous "Let's go to Gimli for pizza" moment-I didn't go, but the guys all went, so I was one of the wives waiting up for her husband so I didn't have to walk back to the cabin alone in the dark-I ended up walking in the dark alone anyway, because pizza took a while: ) ).

We came home from Camp Arnes to a sick puppy. He was coughing alot and whenever we took him for a walk, he would end up puking. Not fun. After a day of being pampered by his loving master (Nathan), he's back to his old self again, and we're relieved. Having a puppy that doesn't have puppy-like energy isn't fun.

Well, I was going to end off with something that I've been thinking about lately, and I have been thinking alot lately, but I'm just too tired to come up with any witty conclusions. I'm just going to go home and take out my contacts and relax for a while. Then, I've gotta get up again and get ready for our supper...mmm...steak... Is it true that you don't eat steak anymore once you have kids?

No comments: