Friday, June 09, 2006

A Piano!

We got our church directory today! It’s great because it has pictures!!! Pictures beside names is a wonderful thing when you’re new in a big church. So, of course I had to look at it as soon as I got home from work today. I didn’t even have lunch until Nathan had already gone back to work because I was so interested in the directory (how can you tell there’s not a lot of excitement in my life?!) Nah, there’s plenty of excitement…anyway, I was looking through it and a bunch of the people I recognized, but certainly not from church! I’d know them from work or as someone who works at the bank or the library. Who knew they’ve been coming to the same church as me for 9+ months?? Wow, some days I miss being in a small church where everyone is family (and not literally, like in Mennonite towns). : ) Today I am doing ok. It was a “whatever” morning at work, which is far better than a bad one. And tomorrow Nathan and I are going into Winnipeg to look at a piano!!! I would love to get a piano. I’d say it’s pretty for sure we’re getting one, because either we’ll buy this one from Winnipeg or we’ll work something out with my parents and get theirs from Saskatchewan! I really miss playing piano. It was a relaxing thing when I needed something relaxing…it was good for getting frustration out when I was frustrated…it put me to sleep when I was tired…I’m looking forward to being able to play again, and hopefully regain some of my skills and then maybe teach someday. But mostly, it’s just to be able to play for myself. Using your gifts has a way of making you feel more whole somehow, doesn’t it? Mmm…a piano.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

hmmmm...the things we can learn about our cousins by reading a blog ... I had no idea you even played the piano!! :)