Thursday, June 08, 2006

Friends!

(Blogger was down yesterday, but this is what I wrote)

Karis was here! Joeline was here! Nathan and I just had a fun visit from his sister and one of my friends from way back when. (Karis is Nathan’s sister; Joeline is my third cousin’s cousin) It was nice to see them again and remember different things from long ago with Joeline (mostly things about Leah…). They were out Monday afternoon and just left this morning. They were recruiting for Bethany. They met with two of our youth while they were down (and had a great time, by the way, in case either of you read this). So today I’m tired because I stayed up past my bedtime for two nights in a row and also happy because I had a good couple days.
Life here is starting to get back to a more comfortable pace…or at least the comfortable pace is in the foreseeable future! Tonight we have youth, which will be hanging out at one of the leader’s places, due to a last minute change of plans with Heaven and Hell night. Not doing that anymore. Maybe if you go to Nathan’s blog you can hear more about that. Anyway, it will be more relaxing and should be fun. Food, fellowship, and fire, what’s not to like? We only have two youth events left after this one! That is so hard to believe! People always told me that time goes by so much faster once you’re out of high school, and I didn’t really know what that would be like. WOW!!! I thought Bible school was fast, but I’m pretty sure that being married, life goes even faster. I’m not sure I’m looking forward to having kids. One minute I’ll be ecstatically excited about the first baby and the next I’ll be a grandma of 30. Not so sure that’s a good thing…
Well, I think I’m going to post this and then maybe do some scrapbooking. I need to get done Nathan’s Peru Missions Trip album so I can start his Bethany one. He’s keeping me busy because I don’t have enough of my own pictures left to do! And then supper…hmm…anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Niki,
Let me know if you get any good suggestions for supper ... that, I find, is always the hardest part of the day!! Just coming up with a supper menu with some variety... who would have thought it could be so difficult!!

Karis said...

We had a great time at your house too! Thanks for letting us stay! I love you guys!