Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Self-Portrait #2

This is me, being much more contemplative than yesterday. No anger here!

I've realized lately that I haven't written much of substance here on my blog for a while. Perhaps there is not much (of substance) happening in my life right now? While that may be, there should always be something to write about, and, therefore, something of even miniscule substance happening.

As you all know, it is January. For Nathan and I this year, January means that we are over halfway through our time of "healing and restoration" with the church (my self-appointed "sabatical"). The first half, for us, was very focused on healing and re-energizing. We tried to lay low and pour all of our energy into healing and seeking God. There were many tears, especially at first, but we grew to appreciate this time very quickly. We see it as a wonderful privilege to have God break us so tremendously. It hurts in many ways, but to know that God loves us (and you) too much to let us live where we were living is unbelievable. We've also been incredibly blessed by the church, who has walked along side us, prayed for us, and were willing to fascilitate counselling and support for us. Thank you!

Now that it is January, we have headed into sort of the "second phase" of our journey. This is another time of listening to God. It is our decision-making time. If you think of us, you can pray for us this month and the next. And you can pray for our church, as they also have decisions to make regarding our situation. At this point, we are not sure if we will be invited to resume our position as youth pastor couple. But, by March 1, we hope to know what the next step is. I am excited for these next couple months. I don't find the unknown (beyond March 1) scary nor dark. It is bright and full of hope. Whatever God's leading, I am confident that it will be just that. God's leading.

We have been praying for God to reveal His will for our lives for as long as we've known Him (both as singles and now that we're married). We know that nothing will change as we continue to pray and seek Him regarding our future, whether it be youth pastoring here or not. We are confident that we are called to some form of full time ministry. That calling hasn't changed. If anything, we are more sure than ever of this call on our lives.

2 Corinthians 3:17

"For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Niki:

A) Love the self portraits so far, and I agree that #2 was a lot more contemplative! Cute shirt/sweater in #2 as well.

B) I'm so happy that you blog consistently - I enjoy the window into your life. I can't believe I haven't seen you in maybe 4 years or something crazy like that?