Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What is it like?

Some days I am almost overcome with curiosity about pregnancy. There aren't too many days like that, but some days I just can't keep my mind from touching that hot stove. Kinda like a bug flying into the zapper..."I can't help it...it's just so beautiful...ZAP!" (Bug's Life)

I wonder...

Can you tell that you're pregnant, even before you take the test? Is morning sickness like having the flu, except for a long time, or does it feel different? What do your stomach muscles do when the baby grows and stretches them? Where do they go? And what about your skin? Does it feel like it's going to just split some days near the end? Does nine months go by like a regular nine months in terms of time, or does it fly/drag? What will I look like when I'm pregnant? Will I be extra huge, because I'm extra small now? How long will I be pregnant before I start to show? Will I be like normal people, or will people be able to tell after a week?

And my biggest question of all...the one that brings me to tears...

What does it feel like to have a baby moving inside of you? Will I ever experience that?

8 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I pray that you will be able tp experience a baby moving insides of you. I think that's what I miss the most about being pregnant. It feels amazing. I would stay up in he night as Isaiah wiggled inside. Though I wanted my sleep I loved every minute of it.
Morning sickness felt like a flu that would never end. Yet I learned to keep eating so I hade stuff to throw up and so the baby could eat too. Praying for you.

Janelle said...

i know what it feels like to have these questions running through your head, and the pain it brings to your heart. you are in my prayers today & i KNOW God will bless you with the desires of your heart!!!

Marsha said...

:) I liked the bugs life comment!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Praying for you today that God would give you the desire of your heart. You are going to be an amazing Mom Niki and I fully believe that God will provide the child that you are longing for.

Juanita said...

Well, I'd have to say that morning sickness is much worse than the flu and to me it felt much different, although I had it in THE WORST way.
Sometimes I thought that my skin would split...it got EXTREMELY itchy for a month at about 7 months.
I pray that you will experience a baby moving inside of you. To me (and to Tim) it was the most mind blowing experience.

Stacey said...

That's the beauty of it... no two pregnancies are alike! When your time comes, I can't wait to hear your answers to the questions you just posted!

Praying...

Sylvia said...

Oh Niki, I love you! I too believe that you will be able to journal your own answers to these questions. And I look forward to hugging your pregnant belly and holding a grand-baby!
Praying for you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

No two pregnancies are ever the same, so it would be impossible to tell you what it would feel like - because for you it may be totally different. It is an experience that I pray you will have - such a miracle. I am praying too that I will get to feel that beautiful moment of the baby moving once again.