Thursday, September 11, 2008

Photography, again...

So the other night, Nathan had a meeting at the church and I was wondering what I would do with my evening off. Nathan suggested setting up a background and some good lighting and taking some pictures, not thinking that I would actually be interested in doing that. But what a great idea! So I set up a mini photography studio in our living room and had fun taking pictures the entire time Nate was gone, and it wasn't a short meeting! Here are some of the results (a few are on mccorkindale.blogspot.com too...):















I realize as I look at these that I haven't quite achieved that "professional" factor...still a long ways from that, but maybe one day I will get there. I would also love to try some portrait photography, but that requires faster setup and more direction, and a willing, patient subject. Plus, I would need a bigger studio! My little one foot by one foot "studio" in the living room the other night only allowed for slinkies and other cameras!
So which are your favorites?

2 comments:

Marsha said...

i like the contrast on the lightbulb...i would've like to see the top view of the camera on black too. I like the way the light plays off the top view of the metal slinky!
Looking good...and you can take portraits of me anytime. (plus I'd love some with my doggy and my hubby) lol...Really humble hey? :) I wouldn't say I'm a super patient subject..but it would be fun!

Unknown said...

I like slinkies 1 and 2 (good dof and composition) and the sticker on the camera. The lightbulb picture is striking and I enjoy the sand dollar one tremendously.

Keep this up you!