Wednesday, September 03, 2008

In answer to your questions...

When will I next be in Edmonton?
Well, I will probably next be in Edmonton (or Edmonton area) next June for my cousin, Kyra, and her fiance (Jordan)'s wedding. Not sure that I remember the date right now...but I'll for sure be there for that!

Am I still doing CM (Creative Memories)?
I'm pretty sure this wasn't actually a "question" for me to answer here, but I didn't get many questions, so the answer is no. I haven't been selling CM since early this spring. I just didn't find that I had nearly enough sales or the time/energy to put into getting the sales each period. So I had a killer going-out-of-business order (enough to keep me in business) but let my status go as of June. I miss the discount, but I have stocked up, and I don't miss the looming feeling of always needing to think about sales.

What is my favorite recipe?
This has got to be one of my favorites! Ever since Bethany, I have had a love for Beef Dip...

French Dip
1 beef chuck roast (3 lbs)
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1 bay leaf
3 or 5 peppercorns
8 french rolls (or homemade buns...mmm...)

Place roast in slow cooker. Add water, soy sauce, and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender. Remove from broth and shred meat with forks. Keep warm. Strain broth; skim off fat. Pour broth into small cups for dipping. Serve on rolls. SO GOOD!!!

What is my favorite thing to bake?
My all time favorite thing to bake, when the house isn't 30 degrees, and when I have nothing but time, is bread/buns. It is so relaxing to mix the dough, wait, kneed the dough, wait, kneed, wait, form bread/buns, wait, bake, wait, bake, wait, bake, wait. You always have to be around, but there is so much rising time that it's relaxing! I love it. Plus, who doesn't love fresh bread straight out of the oven???
My second favorite, because it only takes 20 minutes start to finish, is Chocolate chip cookies. I have the best recipe, so if you want to taste it, you'll have to request a batch of my cookies. I would love to share! And maybe, if you ask nicely, I'll post the recipe here for you all to try in your own homes...just maybe... : )

When will there be Niki and Nathan juniors?
All I can say is that there will be Niki and Nathan juniors when God's timing is right. (Sorry, that's all I've got for ya!)


Well, thanks for the questions guys, that was fun! Any further questions are welcome!

No comments: