Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Photography.

My passion for photography is re-awakening. I discovered my love for the art soon after meeting Nathan, though I was always fascinated with the idea of capturing beauty on, at that time, film. The first few months of living in Altona were dedicated to learning all I could about photography and the theory behind capturing a great picture. This passion then lay dormant for a year and a half while I was busy learning to become a pastors wife and to fit into a new place. After purchasing our new camera this spring, I've really become interested in photography again, and am seeing most things as through the lens of a camera. I am noticing the beauty that certain lighting gives an object. I am seeing the slight movement of the trees and wondering how I can capture the peacefulness of that on "film." There is such beauty, such stillness and awe that is revealed through photography. My passion is to capture it.





P.S.
I'm not very consistant at updating, but if anyone is interested in seeing more of my photography (and Nathan's too-he's good!), feel free to drop by our photo blog. Who took each picture is noted in the subject line at the end of each post. I'd love to hear your reactions and impressions of the pictures that strike you. What better way to improve, than to be critiqued?

1 comment:

Nikki said...

so we are basically out of time...however I think sometime you should come to steinbach to visit (seeing how your bro is there too) and we should go on a photoshoot!?!