Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day in our house...

Mother's day this year is very much like the mother's days of the last two years. We will head home from church in a few minutes and spend our afternoon napping, watching some Lost and Grey's and I'll steal a cuddle on the kitchen floor with Lennox.

No special meals...no family gatherings.

It gets lonely sometimes on days like today when everyone else is spending time with their mothers and ours are 8 and 10 hours away. It would be nice to be able to cook lunch for my mom. Say (in person) thanks for raising me and teaching me so many things. Thanks for loving me and for being mom to me for 23 years. I'll call my mom, and perhaps write a list of things that I appreciate about her and mail it tomorrow (because this holiday snuck up on me like crazy this year!) but somehow it's not the same as a hug on Mother's Day.

Maybe next year we'll make the trip and there will be a hug...



No comments: