Friday, February 29, 2008

Worship - "to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion"

I just came out of a worship night. Our youth band led it. We sang for an hour and a half, with loud, beautiful, honest music. The book of James was read, chapter by chapter, by 5 different people throughout the night. People were singing. People were dancing. People were clapping. People were smiling and worshiping and loving. Just loving.

I just came out of a worship night and I feel like I'm still there. My heart is singing. My mind is inspired to seek God and know him. My soul is fed. And I know that God was blessed through everything that happened tonight...the music, the sharing of HIS words, the fellowship over 3 kinds of chocolate afterward. Isn't that what worship is about? Bringing God's people together for fellowship, personal growth and inspiration, and ultimately glorifying Him with everything?

Worship is about more than music. It's about more than dancing and clapping. It's about way more than any one thing. It's about focusing our minds fully and completely on God. Through music...through Scripture...through nature...through photography...through painting...through cooking...through writing...through playing...through fellowship...through being...what more should there be to life than worship?

This is what I strive towards; this is what I seek: To live fully and completely in worship of God. To not look to the left or to the right, but to keep my eyes on the goal...to keep my eyes on Christ and to do everything for him. To worship.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

We just had a worship service at our church where everything was taken off the stage there was just a lead singer and the piano and the whole service was about the true meaning of worship. They had bible verses show up on the screens and sayings about worship. It was beautiful, and God washed over the entire church. It's amazing to see God is doing some of the same teachings everywhere

Trev and Rebekah said...

My pastor always said, "Worship is a way of Life" and I will never forget those words.

Anonymous said...

Pssst . . . blog.