Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Desperately want to update...not sure what to post...

Does this ever happen to anyone else? You really want to get rid of that old post that has been on your blog for a couple weeks but you have no clue what to replace it with? That's me right now. Despite really liking that picture, I think it needs to go...
So what's new?
We got cable today...well, officially we're being hooked up tomorrow, but we're officially cable-watchers. We've talked about investing in more channels many times before (the most extensive research being done last fall), but we've never been able to justify putting a monthly payment into watching tv. Now that our car is paid off and some work on the house has been done (or at least is in the process of being completed), we both feel like we can afford to treat ourselves to a little extra. It's funny how this decision came only days after we decided that we would try to watch a little less tv and spend a little more quality time with each other. I think that both can be accomplished though. We will be deliberate about what we watch on cable and be sure it's something that we really want to see before the tv has run for hours and we have no idea what we've watched. Hopefully this was a wise decision!
I mentioned in the previous paragraph that work on the house is being done. Well, it certainly is. Too bad I don't have a picture to show you. For the past two and a half weeks, our house has been sitting there with no siding on it but wrapped snugly in brand new insulation. Needless to say, the color of our lovely mint apple green house hasn't changed much (the insulation and our old siding are similar) but I can confidently say that before the snow flies, we shall have a beautiful Stratus-colored house. What is Stratus-colored, you ask? Well...come visit. That's the best I can do to describe it to you.
Youth is starting tonight and tomorrow night (senior then junior youth). We're having games/campfire nights with both groups at two different farm yards. It's really cold though, so we'll need a huge fire to warm us all up! These next two nights are the start to the winter that we already know is going to be crazy busy. BUT...heading into this year of youth, I am feeling the most prepared and excited and ready than I have since we began our work with the youth. I'm really excited about that because at the end of last year, I was so stressed and busy and not feeling it that I was ready to be done with youth completely. This summer has been great for reflecting on who I am and where my place is as Nathan's wife, as a youth pastors wife and even just as me. What are my passions and where do I fit into ministry in Altona? I think that I am ready to say that I do fit at the Hub with the EMMC (and community) youth and am excited to see what this year of ministry is going to bring.

3 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Its nice to see an update. We too have caved to the cable tv or in our case Satilite. And we find that we actually watch better tv when we do take the time to watch it. Hope its the same for you.

Marsha said...

So THAT's where you were on your birthday! Hope the kick off was great. And hope your birthday was too...I was thinking of you. A few weeks and I get to see you! YAY!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Glad you are feeling like you fit in a know your place a little more. Life seems more relaxing once we get to that place.