Monday, August 27, 2007

All this talk about going back to school...

It seems that everyone around me is talking about going back to school, whether that be high school, or college, or university or whatever! I was even asked if I was excited about going back to school (by someone who was quite mistaken regarding my age). All this packing and shopping and excitement has me antsy! Don't worry, I'm not packing up and leaving Altona. But I do wish that I could be looking forward to something happening this fall. I LOVE changes...and we've been here two years now without a significant change! Well, we bought a house and I've changed jobs a few times, but...does that really count? Where is the excitement? Where is the drama? Where are the shopping sprees and new back-to-school clothes and the new people and all the changes? Routine is good, but doesn't it get boring if it stays the same for years and years and years? What's going to happen to me once I'm an adult? Will I ever have fun again??? *sigh* Please tell me there is hope for a fun and exciting future...?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm with you buddy, i'm SO ready for a change!!! i've been in saskatoon for... 3 or 4 years, i can't even remember... and i'm ready to go somewhere, do something different, i'm just ready for the next phase of life! i like to think there's hope for more fun and excitement... **sigh**

Nikki said...

acutally i think i like routine, at least some bits of it... will be so glad once the first week or so is done at sbc,... until then, yah we will see.. later

Sister C said...

Get pregnant?! :)

Marsha said...

you know you need to just take off for a couple days and bring some money and you and me can hit the stores. :) I want some new clothes and I need a girlfriend to go with.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Yeah a baby always adds excitement.
See I am the opposite, I can't handle change well.
This camp we are going to in October...is it heated cabins or woodfire? Just checking so I know what ot pack for Isaiah.