Saturday, June 09, 2007

Not Responding

Now that computers have been common in households for about 15 years, and the internet for 10, you'd think that they would have them pretty close to problem free. I've been sitting here for half an hour already, and all I've done is check my account balance (internet banking) and add 6 people to facebook. The rest of the time I've been waiting, watching the "Not Responding" appear and disappear on the top of my screen over and over, all the while not being able to do a thing. Couldn't they have this fixed by now? With all this technology, you'd think they'd have home computers working a bit better and faster than they do. There's my rant for the day...
Moving on...
Last weekend I was at my friend Cheryl's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. I was there alone, without my other half, but it was good to see friends again that I hadn't seen since my wedding or before. It was also wonderful to be in Saskatchewan again. I hadn't been in Hudson Bay (my hometown) in summer since '05 and never there for more than one full day since my wedding (May '05). It was high time for a visit! Everyone who was in town for the wedding was invited to the rehersal supper out at the farm where Cheryl grew up, so it was a good chance to be surrounded by friends again. It really emphasizes how much time has passed since high school though. We've all moved on...we're getting married and working and school-ing...it's fun to catch up and see where everyone is. So encouraging.
This week, my parents were out. They came down to help shingle our roof. It took the guys one full day to strip and re-shingle the roof. It's taking more than one day to recover though. Nathan is pretty sore, and, though dad didn't say anything, I'd say he's hurting pretty bad too! While the guys were on the roof, my mom and I went to the local greenhouses and bought some plants. Then we spent five straight hours weeding the flower bed and getting it ready for flowers. Then we planted. It's nice to have our backyard and roof looking a bit more put together! Now we're looking forward to the siding coming on and getting our grass looking a bit less patchy. Then, we'll be able to sit back and enjoy our yard and house's makeover and ponder what the next thing to do should be! I'm sure we won't be able to sit for long without another project...a deck maybe??? Hmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take some photos of the garden sometime. :)

Marsha said...

Niki when are you coming back to saskatchewan to visit me? Any rough idea?