Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Most disgusting thing in the world...

Yesterday morning I woke up with that terrible, tingling sensation in my upper lip. At first I thought it was my imagination, but before long, I realized that it was indeed that feeling that I hadn't missed at all in the last two years. It was, definitely, a coldsore. Now, if anyone out there has ever had one of these, you know that it is not fun. You feel like hiding in your house until it is completely cleared up. And, in fact, you even feel like hiding from the people/dog in your house, for fear that you will become the recipient (and cause) of one of the most disgusted looks of the year. Well, alas, I am an adult and cannot hide in my deep dark basement for the next week. I must face the world...big disgusting coldsore and all. I can't help but praise God this time though, because this time I am not getting married the very next day! That's right...two years ago, on May 13, I woke up at 6 in the morning with that same tingling feeling in my lip. Of course I panicked because my dream of being a beautiful bride was about to be shattered! I ran to my friend Kellie who is a pharmasist and asked her for something that would clear up a coldsore in 24 hours. She gave me some stuff that I thought worked and it was (mostly) cleared up by the wedding. Whew! Thank goodness for makeup, is all I have to say! Today, though, I am more certain than ever that it was God who saved me from my coldsore on my wedding day, because the medication that I received from Kellie has not been working at all this time! I have a huge top lip and am quite ugly (self-proclaimed...Nathan continues to insist that I am beautiful despite not being able to kiss me). So that is my story. It is sad, but true. So, if anyone out there would mind sending up a prayer for my lip, that would be great. I have a wedding to be at on Saturday in Hudson Bay (yeah, road trip with my sister!) and would love to be looking beautiful...Nathan won't be there to convince me otherwise if I am not. Thanks alot, guys. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I will be happy to see you cold sore or not :) but I would be happier to see you happy so that mean's w/o. Consider your lip prayed for :) I got ya covered.

Anonymous said...

Now doesn't that just put a CHUNK in your morning!