Thursday, January 18, 2007

I am officially an artist...well...


Last weekend, Nathan and I stopped by Michaels when we were in the city and picked up $75 worth of painting supplies. Everything we needed to get us started in the new world of painting. We decided that small canvases would keep us much to hemmed in, so we let our paint brushes and imaginations go with a medium sized canvas. It was SO much fun! My painting started out to be the telling of a poem I once wrote while in high school and then turned into something else. Then it turned into something else yet...it ended up being a "letting go" of my control side. See, as I was painting, I wanted to keep it looking nice (like the first picture) but I decided that if I was ever going to try anything new and be truly creative, I couldn't worry about whether something turned out bad. So whenever I'm feeling like I don't want to try anything new because I want to be sure that it turns out well, I just need to look at my first painting, and know that trying something new (in painting) doesn't always turn out bad, and even if it does...it's just a painting!
P.s- This is a picture of Nathan's painting...pretty cool, eh?

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Must be nice to have a creative bone in your body. I used to pray for an artistic gift. But I guess God chose to give me other gifts. Looks good by the way!

Sister C said...

Your creativity is inspiring. and really great that you just got to let loose.