Friday, July 28, 2006

Canasta, CSI, Fire Pits, no air conditioning...

Well, it's been a wonderful week of being at home...in our house...in our bed...with our own food. I'm pretty sure Nathan and I have played at least 15 games of Canasta while watching at least that many episodes of CSI (we have recently invested in seasons 1-3). That has been our relaxation of choice this week. We sit on the living room floor - totally sprawled out because of the heat - and we play game after game of Canasta and watch episode after episode of CSI. It's quite relaxing, really. Last night Nathan made a comment to someone that now that it's summer, we feel like we're normal people. It's so true! We can actually ask ourselves, "What do we want to do tonight?" because it's not always decided for us! I could get used to this! (Maybe I shouldn't get TOO used to it though...youth starts again in a month) : )

So here's a quick quiz...what does every house need in their backyard? A trampoline? Good answer, but no. Their own private forest (complete with deer and rabbits)? We're working on it...just need a few more trees and wildlife. An apple tree? No, everyone does not need one - one like ours is good for an entire block of people. Ok, I'll give you the answer: A FIRE PIT!!! A fire pit just makes a yard complete...it's perfect for sitting around and pyro-ing around and everything! A few months ago, we got a fire pit as a house-warming gift and the other night we had a friend come and "install" it for us! Then we had a fire with him and his family. His son really liked water balloons, so we all had pretty wet feet...both his son and his daughter loved to pick apples, so we have a few less apples on the bottom branches. But yeah, we our first fire of the season in our own fire pit! Now we just need to find wood...We were thinking we could just rip the siding off of our lovely green house, but I'm sure we'd never be able to find that same lovely green in plastic, so we'll keep the old siding for a while yet. So yeah, fire pits are wonderful. It makes such a great atmosphere to just sit around with friends. So, if you want a fire with Nathan and I, come on over - and bring some wood!

Someone named Erin left a comment saying that they may be interested in apples...was that Erin Matties or Erin Ginter or Erin Barkman? You can sure have some, if I know who you are! Come by near the end of August or September sometime...they should be ready then.

Chao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can tell you this much ... it wasn't me (Erin M) that said I wanted the apples, there is no way that I would be able to get them considering I have no way of getting them unless you wanna bring them out to BC for me