Friday, February 13, 2009

Twenty Five Things...

Have any of you heard about the “25 things” note that is going around Facebook? Ok, maybe I should re-phrase that: Have any of you not heard about the “25 things” note that is going around Facebook? It’s like a very contagious virus! It seems everyone has been touched by it! I thought it might just be a thing that I had gotten (at least 25 times) but it turns out that pretty much everyone in the world of Facebook has gotten it! Most nights Nathan and I turn the radio on to CBC as we are falling asleep and listen to the program “Q”. (Yeah, we go to bed early these days) I was surprised to hear even the host on the program mention this! He likened it (yes, I used the word “likened”) to the old-school chain letter! I thought, yeah, that’s exactly what it is! Does anyone else remember chain letters? I suppose that’s a question that I already know the answer to, considering that the average age of my blog readers is probably about 29. We all know what I mean when I write “chain letter.” I used to love chain letters when I was a kid. I was always the person who mailed away a pack of stickers, or pretty panties, or a pair of socks. I don’t recall ever receiving anything in return. Weren’t we always promised something like 25 or 30 of whatever we sent? I’ve gotten slightly cynical over the years. My negative experiences have corrupted my faith in the chain letter system. I am suspicious of any letter which promises great gain with a small investment. What? Really? I’ll receive 625 random thoughts from others and all I need to do is come up with 25 random thoughts of my own? Wow! That is too good to be true! I could be reading people’s random lists for hours! Needless to say, I overcame the almost overwhelming temptation to start my own list of 25 things and tag 25 of my friends to join in the fun. I probably have 25 reasons for leaving you all in suspense over what my list would be. But I also have a list of 25 other things that I should be doing right now instead of typing this...

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I really like the 25 things list. Right now I am new in a splurge group of 15 women, and lots of them tagged me in it. I like to see how the girls I'm getting to know think :) I haven't done one, but I like to read others

Nikki said...

yah I know...I gave in as well...ah well...such is life!

Alicia Buhler said...

Too funny! I haven't given in yet and I just don't have the time to read others' 25 random facts about life.

Since moving to the US I have also started listening to CBC radio online and I listen to "Q" which is usually on at 11:00 am (I'm all for going to bed early, but I think that's a little too early).