Friday, January 02, 2009

Umm...

This is what happens when I read decorating magazines...

This is the only picture I could find of our living room before...

-behind Nathan is the couch
-in front of him is the window
-on the far side of him is a chair and a bookshelf
- tv is on our left of the chair
-another bookshelf to our right of (90 degree angle to) the visible bookshelf
-piano is closest to us, beside the couch
(don't mind the dusty floor...)












I worked all morning...a digital camera can do amazing things for room makeovers...you can try one thing and then another and see which you like best. Looking at a picture helps you look at your room objectively and more easily determine what works and what doesn't.









And this is our living room now. My main goal was to get all of our books onto bookshelves. They're all there now, and alphabetized by author as well!


How do you like it? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Chris said...

Just browsing through your blog (came from Kelsie's)... nice to catch up on how you two are doing. Gonna take a couple moments now to pray for both of you...for your marriage, for healing & joy. Thanks for being a blessing to me today.

Marsha said...

Looks good! We must have both had the bug...cause I just painted our bedroom! You'll have to come see it :) it's called black tulip it's dark dark purple. Then we have platinum grey bedding and brushed aluminum accents and wood accents...it's stark but warm at the same time :)

Alicia Buhler said...

I love the idea of taking a picture to see your room objectively; I'll have to try it sometime. As I told you when I saw you last week, I really like the new arrangement.

Trev and Rebekah said...

When we move back to BC I should hire you to set up and decorate my place? :0)
Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Would you like to come help us arrange our new place? We have no idea what we're going to do with it...