Friday, November 28, 2008

completely UNinspired

I've started typing a couple things in this vast, blank screen before me.
Behold, a record of what's transpired...for your viewing pleasure:

I type.
I erase.
I think.
I go.
I work.
I come back.
I type.
I think.
I type.
I think.
I erase.
I come to the conclusion that I am not having a very creative day when it comes to words.

If I had my way today, I would be in bed without this terrible pressure of having to entertain people with words. I wouldn't have to talk to people and stress about coming up with witty and "quick" things to say. I wouldn't have to type and fill up this blank space with letters. I wouldn't have to do anything. But if I don't, I'm antisocial. I'm not giving an effort. Arg. Who's fault is effort, anyway?

Maybe I'll have to go back to bed and start my day over again. Oh wait. I did that once already this morning. Is there a rule regarding how many times you are allowed to start your day over again? Can you try only once again, if your first stab at the day doesn't work out? Or are you allowed two additional tries? And what about the timing of your restarts? Are there any rules for that? Like maybe you can restart as many times as you want before 9 am, but after 9 you're fully engaged in your day and there's no restarts allowed? Hmm...I will have to give this some thought.

But anyway, back to being uninspired. Yeah. I am. (uninspired, that is) And not only am I uninspired, I am completely uninspired! I have absolutely no ideas for what to write! Sure, there are things I could write about...I'm sure there are...they are all escaping my mind right now...but there have to be things I could write about. But why? Even if I did think about something to write, why would I write about it? Likely it would be for the sake of entertaining people. But isn't that exactly what I am trying to avoid in this day of expired restarts? Entertainment? *sigh*

What do you do when you are lacking inspiration?

Any insights on re-starts?

Just want to let me know that you're reading?

(yes, this is a little, uninspired, shame-less plug for comments...I'm getting lonely here in blogger-world...)

9 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Even when you're uninspired and at a loss for words and don't want to entertain you are entertaining (sorry). Yes, the blogger world can be a lonely place, but be assured that your faithful sister will be reading your ponderings regularly.
As far as the re-starts, I vote for spending the whole day in bed! If only life were so accomodating.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoying coming on here and seeing whats new on your side of the country. Its been too long since we have just been able to hang out and talk in person.

Unknown said...

I've been reading and thinking, though not always commenting. I love that you keep on blogging. :) I feel almost like I've kept up a friendship from HB.

Stacey said...

Sometimes the blog just stays silent :) And that's ok. I've been having one of those weeks too. No fun.

It sure is a pain though, when I need to write a review, and the words just aren't coming! Then I start, restart, etc until it sounds right.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I have days when I amn uninspired. Today I felt so uninspired to actually sit and discuss in a group discussion. NOT GOOD!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I'm still here! Your "uninspired" post is better then my regular one :)

Sabrina said...

Can I jump on your 'uninspired' bandwagon? Still reading. If you're ever in the city for some Christmas shopping, do give a ring...G and I are always up for a visit to the mall!

Janelle said...

have you SEEEN my blog lately?? :) i obviously have NO advice! :)

Marsha said...

Hey I think you did good! I read your blog regularly. and I love to just listen to your thoughts as they come and are typed out. Kinda like rambling...a skill I always was good at :) And you think you're uninspired..i haven't written on my blog for months. I feel all I do is work and routine stuff. So at least you update regularly.