Tuesday, August 19, 2008

For you 4 or 5 faithful readers...

Thanks for leaving comments...I suppose for 4 or 5 readers, I can keep going. As long as I keep getting comments... : ) jj


So just to clarify this whole facebook break thing...I don't think that Facebook is evil at all. I think it is a wonderful thing to help people keep in touch. I really enjoy it and can definitely see it's value. But, like many good things, Facebook is only good if you use it well. For me, it wasn't healthy anymore. I needed a break to refocus on my life and the blessings in it, rather than other people's lives and what I don't have. It's all about being focused on the right things...I'm thinking that a month will be long enough though. I am itching to get back to the world of Facebook. And I feel like I'm doing a good job of refocusing. (of course I feel like that!) But I also know that I feel good because the temptation isn't there...arg! I guess a little while longer won't hurt...much.


This month has been a month of slowing down a bit for summer. The first week, I was alone at home again (Nathan was at St. Laurent). It was a better week than when he was at PVBC...I was in the mindset of "I'm at home alone for a week" instead of thinking I would be seeing him and then not being able to for a week. Oh well. It was a good week, but SO much better to have him home!


Last weekend, we had our annual staff picnic for the lumber yard where I work. There are three stores owned by the same guy and every summer we have a picnic together at this go-kart/bumper boat/mini golf place and everyone brings their families and it's alot of fun. My tricep on one arm and bicep on the other arm are killing me though! I guess I raced too hard. One of my favorite things is completely shattering people's expectations of me. For example: Small, quiet, sweet girl...probably not that competitive, right? Probably going to drive slowly around the edge of the track and let the boys do the real racing? Not a chance! I like to be in there where the action is! I am insulted if I am told that I can race with the girls because the boys want to have some fun. That is dumb and I wish boys would realize that girls can race too. All the boys at work know that now, though...I gave them a run for their money. Well, a run for the boss' money. : )


Now we're home for a while. Well, I might be heading out to Elkhart, IN this weekend to help move my sister to seminary. But we'll see what the plans there become. If not, I think I am actually home for four and a half weeks. Then, we're headed off to Hepburn, SK. CAN'T wait to catch up with some friends and family! A week won't be long enough, but hey, it's a start! I think I'll have to cram in as many visits as possible! Nathan is taking a class so I have all day every day for coffee dates and chats!


Oh, and another exciting piece of news! Our friends, J & J just had a little baby boy last Friday! I dont' have any pictures, but you can just picture the cutest little baby boy ever and that's Isaiah. I love holding little babies, so it was just wonderful to visit them in the hospital and hold him before he was even 24 hours old! Congratulations, J & J!


Well, that's all for now! I'm going to head home for lunch (shouldn't be posting at work, but when there's no internet at home...)!


P.S - IF ANYONE DIDN'T COMMENT ON MY LAST POST, PLEASE DO! I'D STILL LOVE TO HEAR WHO'S READING!!! AND I DIDN'T GET MANY QUESTIONS TO ANSWER...STILL ACCEPTING... (Jill, I'll get to yours, I promise...I'll just wait til I have a few more!)

3 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Hey Nikki,
I am still reading. Just lacking in the commenting...sorry about that. I would love to have a coffee date when you are out in Hepburn if you still have some avaliable.

And my question for you..while not very deep...is what is your favourite reciepe and what is something you just LOVE to bake. I am looking to expand my cooking and baking repitore so I'd love to know what some of your favs are.

Take care.

Sabrina said...

Hey there.

I read your blog from time to time! Thanks for the visit yesterday. Pretty neat stuff in the works. Love it. Hope you have a super rest of the week.

S.

Marsha said...

Hey are you still doing CM?