Friday, August 03, 2007

Enough of Big Bird...moving on...

I'm tired of seeing Big Bird every time I open up my blog (to check other people's blogs). Time to post again. It'll have to be short, but here's life:
My brother just arrived back in Canada from his 6 month trip to Australia. He landed in Winnipeg, so my parents drove out to pick him up and we had a family supper/evening. That was really good. I always love to hang out with family. They're wonderful. It was also recently my mom and dad's 25th anniversary, so our supper was to celebrate that.
This weekend we leave with a group of about 10 youth to St. Laurent, Manitoba. Every year for hundreds of years (about 18), our church has gone up there and put on a week of VBS for the church there. We did this trip last year already, and, to tell you the absolute truth, I'm not looking forward to it very much. Last year, I struggled to find my place and never really did, so I'm anticipating a long, hot, tiring/exhausting, struggle of a week. I'm really trying and praying for a better attitude, and it has improved ALOT in the last couple weeks, but I'm still not terribly excited for it. So I guess I'm asking for prayer...for energy...for patience...for finding my place there...for not to hot weather, so that we don't die...prayer is so important. Thanks.
The week directly following St. Laurent, we have holidays. We don't have any definite plans for them yet, but both of us are not going in to work, so it will be a much needed break. I'm really looking forward to it.
So that's our summer so far...staying busy, even though we don't have the youth program running...enjoying life, but looking forward to a break soon.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Praying for you, hope this week is so far going awesome!