Friday, July 13, 2007

Yay, the sun's coming out!

I must say, when I woke up this morning and the sun wasn't shining and I heard rain on the radio, I was a little disappointed. See, today and tomorrow I am having a Creative Memories open house at my place and I was really hoping to have it outside (because how many people go to open houses when they are inside and they have to knock?!). I know I don't. I'm hoping that this open house will be productive. So far, I haven't made any money (well...does negative money count???) with this whole Creative Memories thing. I'm hoping this weekend things will turn around at least a little bit, because I don't know how much longer I can keep up if I'm not making sales. There's only so far backward you want to go before you start going forward again, right? I'm about at that point. Oh well. My up-line was gracious enough to lend me some of her stock that I can sell and then replace at cost. It might be a good chance to hold even or gain some ground. Also, maybe me being visible will spread awareness that I am a consultant here in town and bring in some business. If anyone thinks of me this evening or tomorrow, you can pray that people will come by and that the open house goes well. And that it doesn't rain over 2nd Street this weekend.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I'm thinking of you!!! Hope all goes well. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

How did the Open House go? I find that to have successful Open Houses, it takes a lot of work prior to the actual open House. Lots of reminder phone calls, even if you send out invites as well as follow-up calls after the fact to offer some deals to those who couldn't make it. They can be hugely successful but I have found, it all depends on what you do before and after that amke all the difference. Anyway, I hope it went well. If you need any suggestions, just let me know. I've been doing the direct selling thing for 7 years.