Saturday, April 14, 2007

Whew...haven't posted since March, eh?

As I was going through the blogs that I regularly read, I realized that I everyone has posted at least once since the last time I did! I'm getting pretty bad at this. Oh well...when you don't have internet at home, it makes for a good excuse.


Easter weekend was good here in Altona. Nathan's parents and brother and their dog, Sheila, were out for the weekend. It was a short trip, but it was good. It was fun to watch the two dogs play and determine who was dominant. (Most of you can probably picture what that looked like!) The black dog in the picture us our Lennox and the golden retriever is Sheila. They look very calm and well-behaved in this picture, but they had food being dangled in front of their noses. We can count on one hand the amount of hours when they were completely calm through the weekend (except for sleeping). It was alot of fun though. Don't they look great together?

My Creative Memories business is kinda having a slow start. It's been fun, but I definitely haven't reached the "out of the investment hole" mark. It's coming, but it might be a while. I have another Get Together later this month, so maybe that one will help me out a little bit!

A couple weeks ago, I had a consultation with an oral surgeon...has anyone out there ever had their wisdom teeth out? How was it? Nathan was out of commission for at least 3-4 days when he had his out. Other people say they were back to work the next day. I am being put completely under when they do it because they have to cut them out, not just pull them. I'm not terribly excited about it at all. And cost...it is stinkin' expensive to have anyone even look into your mouth these days! We have insurance but how can the insurance company top out at $1000/calendar year? My wisdom teeth alone are supposed to cost $1650! So now we're trying to decide if we can wait until next year and start saving now! It's not like they're a real huge problem so I have a hard time spending that kind of money on it, but Nathan keeps reminding me that it's better to do it now than when we have kids and I'm 40 and we don't have the money and it's harder to take them. I guess. Ick!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Niki,
I had my wisdom teeth pulled out that way too (bottom ones anyway) and I was good to go the following day other than really bad breath for a while as they healed. Other than that, things were good for me and I expected the worst because I bruise very easily. But the cost is pretty crazy. I think mine ended up being just over $1000! Good luck!

Marsha said...

Hey Niki
I'm in the same boat. I have four that need to come out my top two are just normal to pull but my bottom two are going to be like yours. I have been waiting but my dentist reminded me that the roots keep growing and the longer you leave them the worse it can get. That's something to think about. I'm such a scaredy cat it's been six months and I still haven't even gotten my top two pulled. Anyway...good luck. I'll let you know when I get brave enough to get mine out.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Hi Nikki,
I too had my wisdom teeth out surgically. I agree its stupid expensive! I had them out on a Friday and by Sunday I was feeling okay. I just couldn't eat a lot for a long time. So make sure you have lots of soft stuff like apple sauce, pudding, and anything else soft you can think of. Mash patatos became my staple! Hope it all goes well.