Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lennox

Yup, Nathan finally convinced me to let him have his own puppy dog. Meet Lennox.

Lennox is a five month old cross between a golden lab and german shepherd. I know…it’s not what I would have guessed either.

We got Lennox on Monday morning and spent the day chasing apples with him and walking with him and just sitting outside reading while he wandered around the yard and chewed on fallen apples. He’s doing pretty good. We thought, knowing what we know about dogs, that he would be whining all night, but we didn’t hear anything out of him until morning after Nathan tied him up after his walk. He doesn’t like being left alone at all…I wonder what’s going to happen when we’re gone for youth nights. Hmm…I guess he’ll just have to get used to it. That’s our life!

We’re realizing first hand how much work it is to have a dog in town. Both times when my family had a dog in town, I was too young to have to do much more than play with it. And having a dog on a farm requires basically no work at all because it’s not tied up and it doesn’t need entertaining and, well, it just stays outside all the time! In town dogs require much more guidance and supervision. Hopefully we can provide that with how busy we are.

Speaking of farms…I’m really hoping that we can move to a farm sooner or later in our married life so that we can more easily have dogs and cats and so there is more room for the kids to play (once they come). I do realize that you can raise wonderful kids in town, but my experience on the farm was so great that it’s taken much adjusting to live right in town again. Farms are so much quieter and when you have a day off of school/work, you don’t even have to shower and get dressed if you don’t want to because if anyone is going to drive out to see you, they’ll call first. Ahhh, my dream! Maybe someday…

Well, I should get going and take Lennox to go get the mail. He’s being so good and quiet just entertaining himself in the backyard. He deserves some exercise and attention! I probably deserve some exercise too…

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Sweet Dog! I thought I saw you walking a dog, and I was like "they Got a dog!!" I for sure want to stop by yet and see him!