Thursday, August 17, 2006

When ministry calls us to travel...

Going to Saskatoon! I must say, I’m very excited about this trip…terribly excited as we southern MB Mennonites would say! I’ve realized that it’s nice to lead trips when they are to places you’ve been before…it makes you feel so much more leader-ful-ish…

So we leave tomorrow morning, bright and early, at 7am! Nathan and I, along with eight youth, are piling into a van and our car and driving the 10 hour drive to beautiful Saskatoon, Saskatchewan! It should be a lovely drive, complete with conversation, snacks, and yes, air conditioning!!! An answer to prayer before we even left: our air conditioning is fixed and ready to go! And, getting it fixed did not cost $700 as we were worried it would! The price tag on our comfortable travel was only $189.23…I was pretty excited about that, because Toyota’s are usually super expensive to have in the shop, both because of parts and shop time. They rarely need the shop, mind you, but when they do, watch out! I figured $200 wasn’t bad, considering the amount it could have been. And now our youth, who are conditioned to traveling in luxury, won’t swelter in our car. (that’s a plus too)

This week at home has been relaxing and wonderful. The first couple days were totally free and then later in the week we’ve had a staff BBQ one night and a missions trip meeting another night. Nathan finds he gets pretty bored when he just sits around the house after running constantly for a week so he only managed to take one day off to recharge. I, on the other hand, need that time to wind down after being busy and always with people. I’ve used this week to re-charge and to prepare myself for another week of high-energy and non-stop people!

Well, I guess I should get going and finish my laundry and keep packing. Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: